Eric Madiar is a problem solver.
He is exceptionally skilled at taking on complex and unique legislative problems with little lead time, effectively explaining those problems in simple terms to key decision makers, and developing and implementing proven legislative solutions. For nearly 15 years, Eric has worked closely with officials and staff members in each branch of state and local government and developed respectful, professional relationships that bring the needed credibility to persuasively advocate his clients' interests.
Options for both short term and long term lobbying services contracts are currently available.
Eric is registered to lobby state government with the Illinois Secretary of State, and provides the following lobbying services:
- Advocacy in favor of, or opposition to, legislative matters affecting client interests be it substantive changes to current law, state appropriations or others matters requiring legislative action.
- Effective lobbying strategies regarding legislation; including assistance with drafting, preparing and presenting legislation, communicating with key legislators and staff, appearing before legislative committees, and the drafting of testimony and related information on behalf of the client.
- Monitoring of legislative and administrative rule-making or other substantive activity pending before the Illinois General Assembly, the Governor’s Office and the executive branch of State government affecting client interests so clients can take timely and responsive action.
- Participating and attending any other meetings or conferences advantageous to client interests.
Eric has detailed knowledge and understanding of legislation affecting:
- Public employee pension benefits
- Liquor industry
- Public utilities regulation
- Telecommunications, energy, and natural gas providers
- The trade show and convention industry
- Illinois Lottery
- Legislative and congressional redistricting
- Procurement Code
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
His clients have included the Associated Beer Distributors of Illinois, AT&T, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, Camelot, Chronister Oil, eBay, Employers Insurance Group, Exelon Corporation, Follett Corporation, Hospira, Illinois Insurance Guaranty Fund, Illinois Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association, One Chance Illinois, Stub Hub Inc., and 1-800 CONTACTS.